• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

2 Speedy Ways to Search Google with Keyboard Shortcuts

godarm

2 Speedy Ways to Search Google with Keyboard Shortcuts
Navigating Google search results with keyboard keys is a long awaited feature. Shortcuts will save your time and speed up your work. Recently, when Google changed their layout (Get old Google back), we thought that Google will also implement keyboard shortcuts, but unfortunately they did not. Fortunately for us, we have an official Google experiment that helps us to navigate search results with keys. There is also Keyboardr, which is a meta-search engine with better user interface.

Speedy Way 1: Keyboardr, Surf without Mouse

Keyboardr is a straightforward web application, also minimalistic and beautiful. It is a meta-search engine i.e. it searches Google, YouTube and Wikipedia at the same time. As soon as you type your query in search box, it starts displaying results organised in three sections. You can navigate results with arrow keys and Enter opens the corresponding result.
keyboardr-google-search1.png

Firefox may notify you about pop-ups from Keyboardr. Click Allow from Options to get results page in new tab.

Speedy Way 2: Join Google Experiment for Keyboard Shortcuts

Few years back, Google rolled out a experiment allowing users to navigate using keys. Most of the shortcuts are similar to Gmail e.g. J and K for up and down
google-experimental-search-1.png

The only disadvantage is that once you have joined this experiment, you cannot join any other experiment. In addition, all your future Google searches will have keyboard shortcuts enabled. Well that’s not a disadvantage, is it ?

Vipul

My mouse is not working properly and I know it will get infected soon
SO this information will help me using sites like google
Thanksalot