• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Favorite Forum Software (Debate)

Wiggles

IPB: Professional, Simple, and just amazing.

Roobik

The topic is very limiting.
If you were to ask me what my favorite coding platform would be, I'd say Adobe Dreamweaver - I got used to it, started with DW7 and now chillin on my DW CS4... I don't pirate :D

rampage2gene

Mybb for me is one of the best easy and simplest i love it my free forum is based on it the warez forum.

Android

I got two groups,

1. Free forum software
- Mybb, simple, professional and nice looking, also nice scripts a.k.a plugins.
2. Paid forum software
- IPB, good looking, nice add-on's and overall nice themes to chose from.

DarkGizmo

vBulletin 3.8 for me. :) Easy to work with, easy to skin and mod. It's just a pleasure all around. Not to mention it's reliable and secure. :)

DarkGizmo

It doesn't state free or paid so i'm assuming it's overall, either free or paid, don't matter, it's your overall favorite :p

Lith

IPB, even though I highly support on MyBB. IPB is good for forums with 50K+ people, MyBB for like 5K.

Anxiety

User is banned.
Lith said:
IPB, even though I highly support on MyBB. IPB is good for forums with 50K+ people, MyBB for like 5K.

Saying that though, there is a ton of forums now with over 5k people using MyBB. Of course you need to make some adjustments with your SQL type etc but it's do-able. IPB would probably be my second choice piece of forum software because of the ACP and the look it pretty elegant. But I don't think it comes close to MyBB :tongue:

Alex H.

I currently own a ipb at http://capital-gaming.co.uk i got to say mybb is great and that it does have more impressing features that ipb don't but ipb has paid subscriptions which mybb does have but it costs. With a edit here and there you can sort some small issues like banning on profiles and stuff.

iimp

MyBB or Vbulletin, can never really choose until it comes to price. MyBB for that.

Sky

MyBB seems to be what everyone is used to in here. I like the design on the MyBB ACP, it's easy to navigate and is easy to use. The banning is very simple as well.

The Ðuck

Invision Powerboard or MyBB, for sure :)

Free: MyBB is the best. Easy to use, customize, and extend. The pinnacle of free forum software.

Paid: I prefer vBulletin since that's what I'm used to. IPB isn't bad either. Its ACP is certainly better than vBulletin's, but the software is lacking in mods.