• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Help with making forums and category's. (phpBB)

Contest

Onyx user!
Need help making the forums and category's. I may sound like a newfag about this and I admit I am. The thing that is wrong is that when I go to add it, it won't add. Is it because I deleted my test forum? Or is it because I'm not including a forum password and image. Help would really be appreciated right now.

Marijuana

Onyx user!
Screen cap of whats happening?
And also you should use mybb instead of phpbb

Contest

Onyx user!
Spartan said:
Screen cap of whats happening?
And also you should use mybb instead of phpbb
I'm not the biggest fan of MyBB's setup. Yes, it does have a really nice ACP and a lot of MODs, I just like phpBB. Also here is the screencaps.

That's the options and stuff where you do that.

Then when I press submit it just refreshes.

Do I need to do a forum password? I don't think so.
What could be the problem?

Marijuana

Onyx user!
Have you set up any catogories.? if not set on up and where it says parent forum select it. That is why its not showing.

Contest

Onyx user!
Spartan said:
Have you set up any catogories.? if not set on up and where it says parent forum select it. That is why its not showing.

I tried setting up the forum so I could have a parent forum but when I try that and try to submit it doesn't work either.

Mxlitary

Spartan said:
Set permission in the category and the forum.

Yes, I think that will solve it. At the top of your image, it was asking for you to set permissions.

Contest

Onyx user!
Spartan said:
Set permission in the category and the forum.
I think it may have been of me removing the test forum.
I just don't know.
The site is 360-gaming.site11.com < getting domain soon.

Mxlitary

No, I have used phpbb, and I removed the test forum, then created new forums with no problem. You may have done something wrong in the installation process. If nothing works, try to re-insall phpbb.

Contest

Onyx user!
I'm pretty sure I installed it right. It could be Chrome acting up or my laptop. I'll re-install it tommorow to see if that will work. I did move the admin folder up one but still I cut it then pasted it back to where it belongs. I also changed all of the things to 777 so that it was writable. So I'm pretty sure it wasn't the installation that is causing this.

Contest

Onyx user!
Spartan said:
Never used phpbb before but normally you dont want everything 777

I followed the tut and that's exactly what it said. It seemed to match everything when doing the domainname.com/install part.

BBetaâ„¢

if you still need help hit me a pm and i can do that for you.

Contest

Onyx user!
Oh I figured it out. Thanks for all the help guys. Turns out it was the permissions.