• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

How to be safe from smart phishing trick?

Mrulez

U might be knowing about phishing page,this is the same but its advance.
It sends the html page via email to the victim rather than posting its html page to other site. It has already created a page of html which they send to victim via an look a like official email id eg <!-- e --><a href="mailto:fmail@gmail.com">fmail@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->.
Some tips to prevent it...!
1.check it well that u received email is official or not by checking u have on the notification or not.
2.if link is there open it and make sure that link is of official.
3.if u receive email and it has link and if it ask 4 log in try to avoid it.
The main aim of this trick is to avoid the use of link...so they dnt get catch up...

Vipul

Deleted 2 topics with same content
I can understand, this happens with me too
Ask george many times I post double or triple xD
laggy loop mobile

Junni

Yes you are right, but also always look at the server in the address bar, that if the link is from free server it means it is phisher page.

meneer15

I never have this problem with Facebook, I never get fake e-mails. I always check Facebook on my iPod and all the Facebook e-mails gets moved to a special folder of my Hotmail account. I barely read them because I've already saw the posts on my iPod.

pipergale

I think i've gotten a few phishing emails in the past, but since posting on hackforums.net, i'd be hard pressed to find anyone who can get me to download a virus, or enter my info into a phishing page. Hack to learn.

cbetancourt1

make sure you look at the page well, make sure you check the links and where it's coming from, and make sure it's not coming from someone you dont know or anon-trusted site.

pipergale

I have tried to hpish a few people in the past, and have to say that: People aren't that stupid these days. They're not that easy to fool, especially with all those browser updates and whatnot. I've never managed to successfully phish someone before, and i consider myself pretty smart in that way, so...

peelsaven

thanks for the nice trick for being able to be safe from phishing sites this will help considerably

peelsaven

nice tricks and tips on how to avoid being phished, but it appears that you forgot #4 lol:rofl

pipergale

There are a lot of really common hosting sites which are common with phishing too. Be sure to know these so that when you look at the address bar, you can identify straight away that it is a phishing attempt on you