• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

How to recover a gmail account when a family member dies

Vipul

This is tricky. If you decide to pursue it, be prepared for some lengthy paperwork. Also, expect that it will take from anywhere between 1 to 2 months.

1. You need to get your documents in order; a copy of your passport or driver's license, copy of the proof of death [death certificate] and a copy of a probate or court order that clearly identifies you as the legal representative of the deceased.

2. You will also need to take some prints of a few emails sent from the deceased to you [the full headers of the emails need to be included in the print].

3. Finally, write a letter [attach your passport photograph] explaining the situation, include the deceased person's email ID and all your contact information [including postal address, phone numbers and email IDs].

4. Take all the documents and ship them to Google at the following address:

Google Inc.
Attention: Gmail User Support-Decedent's Accounts
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043
USA

CREDIT: Times of India

Vipul

Yea I saw this in our newspaper

Mrulez

Well i feel its better to have a back up then its lengthly procedures...but still thanx 4 sharing it....

Vipul

What do you mean? -.-

Mrulez

In simple way...u should have a extra copy all ur important data i.e email...

Vipul

What a dead body would do with email? This process is for investigation agencies in the case of murder etc

Vipul

No problem
This is the case this is used

.nItIsH.

heha
yes! i read it..they say that we need to show a copy of death certificate and all..

well that's helpful if you are dead and was a huge businessman

Vipul

btw google's address is so cool and in expensive place