• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Market Forums has always had this issue.

Anxiety

User is banned.
Where some people can access the site, and others just can't at all. We've always had it from day one. It probably kills 50% of activity and that's huge. It's something I really don't understand whatsoever and I have no idea how I can fix this "issue". Anyone got any ideas?

Zammyslave

I remember it happened to me for some time.

Check if there's any blacklisted countries, that's what doesn't let me in HF.

Other than that, maybe you have a proxy blocker plugin?

That's all I can think of right now.

Anxiety

User is banned.
Some people have said they were called bots from registration, but that's not the most popular issue. The most popular one is just complete denial of access. 404 errors etc. We have no countries blocked, I don't have the ability to block any countries since I'm on shared hosting, if I was on a VPS/Dedi I could manually do so. It's so flipping annoying, lol.

Wiggles

Maybe some people are trying to acess with a VPN/Proxy. Your host may have those IPS blacklisted.

Donkor

It also happened to me, and you know it. Clear the blocks like you did last time.

Roobik

It might have something to do with the domain, maybe change it - other then that I don't know :(

Anxiety

User is banned.
We've had this problem on like 4 hosts. It's not recent, we even had it on a big host like Hostgator. People are getting the error Wiggles when they're not on a proxy/VPN though, that's the thing. Normally sorts itself out if they clear their DNS/Cache but random people aren't going to think to do that, if they see a site is down they move on.

Spaz

Strange error, 404's are confusing. Could be slow internet and a timeout somewhere on the host, so if the page hasn't downloaded in X seconds, it 404's as a timeout?

That's all I got which is different to a global blacklist of VPN/VPS ip's know to illegal content and whatnot.