• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

PHP vs ASP

Wiggles

What is your favorite?

I perfer ASP. Although it does require extra software installed and a Microsoft SQL server it is my all time most favorite web language. Simple and reliable!

PHP is awkward to me.

PHP is a lot more simpler, not to mention its huge documentation and developer following.

Although I've never learned or attempted to learn ASP, my little efforts to browse the MSDN for documentation on ASP weren't very helpful.
PHP on the other-hand has an easy to navigate documentation which covers almost every function and class in the language.

Besides, PHP is compatible with way more operating systems and databases than just Windows and MSSQL, so by learning PHP you're already opening up a lot more doors and opportunities.

In conclusion, I stand behind PHP as the better language for its simplicity, power, and cross-compatibility.

Wiggles

PHP is a lot more simpler, not to mention its huge documentation and developer following.

Although I've never learned or attempted to learn ASP, my little efforts to browse the MSDN for documentation on ASP weren't very helpful.
PHP on the other-hand has an easy to navigate documentation which covers almost every function and class in the language.

Besides, PHP is compatible with way more operating systems and databases than just Microsoft and MSSQL, so by learning PHP you're already opening up a lot more doors and opportunities.

In conclusion, I stand behind PHP as the better language for its simplicity, power, and cross-compatibility.

ASP is more like visual basic than anything else.

I have never heard of ASP, what is it used for?

It's used for server-side programming like PHP, but it was developed by Microsoft.

Wiggles

I have never heard of ASP, what is it used for?

ASP = Active Server Pages
It was developed by microsoft as and alternation to PHP.

The same effect can be acquired with both. Depending on how you like to code they are both good!

Icon

I've used both alredy though, php is alot better with no doubt:

More simple
Easier

CrossFires

DUnno why, but I preffer PHP, it's just better for me.

ShadyX

I prefer php, i have low knowladge of asp and most fameworks are written in php so its a no-brainer lol

ikymemon

I have read the whole thread but still I am not clear about PHP and ASP... What are these, why they are used, is there any purpose for their use ?

Omegakillah

for me ...PHP is good. most of webhost now supports php. and its much easier to understand. but it depends on you ^^

Vipul

I prefer php
As far I know php is better and easy
I never heard that first one but I will give it a try

Wiggles

Alex said:
ASP is windows only format

Incorrect.

Yes .NET is windows only, but you can run ASP on a Linux server using Mono.

DarkGizmo said:
PHP is a better framework to work with. :) And it's more commonly used.

It is more commonly used by smaller businesses or individuals, not big companies.

Wiggles

Alex said:
Im correct because it cant run asp without a additional mod involved.

It isn't a mod, simply the .NET framework for Linux. You have to have .NET installed on windows to run it to, so it is the same thing.

Phreak

User is banned.
I've never personally used Asp and thus, prefer php.
I'm pretty curious about asp, so i'm probably about to go do some research on it.

Wiggles

Phreak said:
I've never personally used Asp and thus, prefer php.
I'm pretty curious about asp, so i'm probably about to go do some research on it.

Do some research, it is an amazing thing to learn. Simple too.