• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

[ULTIMATE GUIDE]Windows 7 Shortcut Keys

kartikeyp1

There are many users who wont have much mouse use so here is a list of shortcut keys of win 7 :

* Win + M - Minimizes all open windows
* Win + Shift + M - cancels the last action, returns all the windows back on the screen
* Win + D - shows desktop
* Win + up arrow - maximize the current window, that shows it full screen
* Win + down arrow - minimize the current window
* Win + left arrow - sets the current window to the left half of the screen
* Win + right arrow - sets the current window to the right half of the screen

Shortcuts for taskbar
* Win + a number - opens the appropriate application that is attached (pin, - the program whose icon is always located on the taskbar) on the taskbar with that serial number. For example, if I wanted to run Internet Explorer, I would press Win +2.
* Ctrl + mouse click to pin - cyclical move through the open windows of the program.
* Shift + click on pinned program - run a new instance of the program.
* Ctrl + Shift + click on pinned program - run a new instance of the program, but with administrator permissions.
* Shift + Right-click on pinned program - shows the control window (Minimize, close, etc ...).
* Win + T - cycle moves through the applications in the taskbar, showing a small picture of the open.
* Win + Shift + T - the same action as the previous shortcut, but in the opposite order.

General shortcuts

* Win + P - Displays options that allow the picture on two monitors.Very useful shortcut that gives you a choice of how the image is displayed on your monitor connected to another monitor, projector or TV.
* Win + D - shows the active Gagdet on the desktop.
* Win + L - locks the account, the same as "Switch User" option, which means that all your programs will remain open, and the other user can access your account.
* Win + + - you should press the plus button (+) - (zoom) display screen.
* Win + - - you should press the button minus (-) - -zoom display screen.
* Win + = - you should press the button equal (=) - powered magnifying glass, an application that lets you to see closer or further away display screen.

Shortcuts for Windows Explorer

* Alt + P - shows / hides the panel to display the marked file, which will appear on the right side of an open window.
* Alt + up arrow - moves to a level above the current folder, ie the parent folder.
* Alt + arrow left / right - returns to the previous folder, or go to the next. It has the same function as a blue arrow on the bottom of images that are left of the path and folder name

Some Sticky notes shortcuts Keys
1st Bold: CTRL+B Highlighted text (bold): CTRL + B
2nd Striketrough: CTRL+T Linethrough marked text : CTRL + T
3rd Italics: CTRL+I Italic text : CTRL + I
4th Decrease text size: CTRL+SHIFT+< Reduces the marked text
5th Decrease text size: CTRL+SHIFT+> Marked increase text
6th Bulleted list: CTRL+SHIFT+L - List the items (Bulleted list): CTRL + SHIFT + L (press all three keys at once)
7th Numbered list: CTRL + SHIFT + L (2x press L, while the other two hold)
8th ABC list (a,b,c, etc): CTRL+SHIFT+L (3x press L, while the other two hold)
9th Roman numeral list – i,ii, etc.): CTRL+SHIFT+L (5x press L)
10th Left align: CTRL+L Left aligned
11th Right align: CTRL+R - Right alignment of text
12th Centered align: CTRL+E
13th Delete, no confirmation : CTR+D
14th Undo CTRL+Z Return to step back
15th Redo CTRL+Y Repeat the previous step

Additional Suggested by Meneer15[Admin]
Ctrl + W = Closes your Web browser as well as msn.
Ctrl + C = To copy select file or folder
Ctrl +X = To Move Any folder or file
Ctrl + A = To select all the folders or file
Ctrl + V = To paste selected file or folder.

Enjoy :D

meneer15

Nice but you should add ctrl+w, it's the same as alt+f4 but it's funnier because nobody knows about it so you ask your friend to press ctrl+w and then their browser closes or msn or any other program that is currently in use.

kartikeyp1

Added dude! Thanks for it come on guys if you have more suggestion this thread will be alive till all the shortcuts have been found.

meneer15

+ You forgot to add the standard commands like CTRL+S to copy selected text, CTRl+A to select all text, CTRL+V to paste all copied text and CTRL+X to cut text.

kartikeyp1

These are common commands that everyone knows but now i will add for you if you want.

meneer15

Well you need to add them for me, if this topic is about 7-commands only, CTRL+W is also a common command so ...

.nItIsH.

awesome awesome awesome awesome!