• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

What do you expect?

Wiggles

What do you expect sites that have your information. to do with it?

(name, address, school, income, family, etc)

Do you expect them to have it encrypted in a database, or just in there raw.

Do you expect them to have everything under SSL?

Do you expect them to have multiple security measures on the database?

Phreak

User is banned.
If they have my full information, I expect to have multiple security measures on the DB.
For instance, PSN just had a ton of their users' information leaked. It makes me glad I don't own a PS3.
Although, it could of happened to Xbox 360 as well.

Wiggles

Phreak said:
If they have my full information, I expect to have multiple security measures on the DB.
For instance, PSN just had a ton of their users' information leaked. It makes me glad I don't own a PS3.

Do you expect the data to be secured with an encryption method? or just the entire database encrypted? Or both?

Phreak

User is banned.

Both. I expect the highest security you can get. If they have my personal information, they better protect it.

Legend_mybb_import1694

They should have the highest security. Sheet, you got my information in your database beetch you better protect it.

Wiggles

Legendâ„¢ said:
They should have the highest security. Sheet, you got my information in your database beetch you better protect that it.

So, if I had your full address, you would rather have a web page load slower and have better security than fast with less?

Wiggles

Legendâ„¢ said:
Wait why the hell is my information even online?

IF
IF
IF
IF

I said IF

I would want all of the security they have. I am personally very paranoid when it comes to strangers knowing where I live.

Bree

I expect any company, online or offline. To respect and follow the Data Protection Act.

By law, they must be able to supply you, and/or remove any information they have on you if it is not directly required for any services or products you use from the company.

Personally, I refuse my phone number to ALL companies, as even though they say its not shared, it is.

Android

Phreak said:

Tons of people use fake information due to the PSN Store. I've got a restaurant address from somewhere in the UK so I can have access to all the games on there, but I don't own a CC to buy from there.

I don't think someone would do this to the 360 since Microsoft owns it.

Wiggles

Thanks for the responses.

Does anyone know the general data protection laws in US, Canada, and the UK?