• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

what is 1st antivirus??

mimo3050

what is 1st antivirus??
i want to know coz my computer havenot antivirus:s

arqamkhan99

1st antivirus? u mean what was the 1st antivirus ever created?
dont know about that but u should have atleast avg or avast in your
system for protection

Vipul

Kaspersky, not first but it's good
You can download full version torrent

Alex H.

Comodo is good and its free comodo.com :) if you need any help just ask.

deepak909

Well, Don't Know about First Anti-Virus,
But you should USe Quick-Heal or Avast..:D

Vipul

does anyone know which is the 1st antivirus
@mimo Why you want to know only 1st but not the best antivirus to protect your PC :D lol

Junni

Pc chillin was the first anti virus i use, but now a days it security is too low that why peoples are not using that anti virus.

meneer15

You can easily find comparison websites which compares different brands of free virus scanners. Find a few of them and compare which scanners gets the most points and download that one.

chinzka

Excerpt from http://www.antivirusworld.com/articles/history.php

History of computer viruses
Like any other field in computer science, viruses have evolved -a great deal indeed- over the years. In the series of press releases which start today, we will look at the origins and evolution of malicious code since it first appeared up to the present.

Going back to the origin of viruses, it was in 1949 that Mathematician John Von Neumann described self-replicating programs which could resemble computer viruses as they are known today. However, it was not until the 60s that we find the predecessor of current viruses. In that decade, a group of programmers developed a game called Core Wars, which could reproduce every time it was run, and even saturate the memory of other players' computers. The creators of this peculiar game also created the first antivirus, an application named Reeper, which could destroy copies created by Core Wars.
You can read the full article from the source.

I recommend you use Any Norton anti virus product. You can use this
Norton 360
All-In-One Security
Defends your computer with the most comprehensive protection.

strawknight

Get ZoneAlarm it rocks!!! especially when it allows you to control what goes in and out of your computer

cbetancourt1

Well i recommend either avast that's the one i have or avg because they use less resources and are well known and to be trusted, it's also safer and better in my opinion.