• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Wiki-Pedia

Flow'n

What do you guys all think about Wiki?

I use it but I hate it.. They have so much false information on it. And you can edit the text and sometimes it wont change back to original post. Its not just me that doesn't like it all of our teachers are telling us not to use it and our school district have thought about blocking it from giving kids false information...

What do you guys think?

Wikipedia hardly has false information and most of the people who say it does are usually repeating what someone else told them.

If you're concerned about a piece information being incorrect, follow the references and read the comments on the original source (if it has comments), or just do some manual researching in google.

If you're 100% sure a piece of information is incorrect, fix it; just because pages are editable by anyone, it doesn't mean every edit is bad information.

iSk

Erm..sure everyone can edit it and it does have false information. I enjoy the site though. Free Open Encyclopedia, the concept is really awesome. And what more? it will obviously destroy the market of other paid encyclopedia...as of now, Encarta Encyclopedia has been already closed because of it.

Altrouge

It's good for small homeworks lol. Well there can be some false information I guess, but it's like so rare that it doesn't matter anyways..