• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Good forum software?

Mxlitary

๖ۣۜDev said:
Ocean said:
๖ۣۜDev said:
Ew, I'm sorry vBullitin is a overpriced, crappy PHP, ugly.. forum software.

I've already bought these:

IPB
XenForo

You bought both! :O

Aren't you only going to use one?

I bought a license a long time ago.

You should have just stuck with XenForo and saved the $150.

Rock. Paper. Shotgun.

User is banned.
I'm sorry to sound 'disrespectful' in any form of context; but I highly doubt you purchased both an IP.Board and XenForo license... due to the fact at bare minimum the costing would be around 300.00 USD (non-hosted). In my opinion you're trying to 'show off' or you're just highly idiotic, or both. Why would you purchase a license for IP.Board and XenForo, when you can only use one-of-the-two? Extremely pointless in my opinion.

If I had to recommend any forum software of choice, it would most-likely be IP.Board. Due to the fact I have dealt with the software for a number of years now, it has rarely failed to impress. Although, I have a word of warning; IP.Board being the most common forum software of choice, can be somewhat dangerous e.g security will be a lot more 'exploitable'. For example, take Microsoft. Windows is the most common operating system in the world, and around 90% of the PC population use Windows as an operating system (I wouldn't quote me on that). Meaning if I was a person who wanted to place a PC virus in a piece of software, I would place the "virus" in a piece of software which was compatible with Windows and not another operating system such as OS X (hence why Macintosh computers are a lot less prone to the common PC virus).

And finally, I always suggest investing in a custom skin when choosing IP.Board as your forum software as choice. It's the "cherry on the icing" which will make your forum somewhat more unique that say an IP.Board forum which has implemented a skin which has already been created and is open to the public for a small fee.

Update; anyone found speaking off-topic will be issued a warning for low quality of posting.

Kyles

User is banned.
I purchased them at different times. The I.P Board I chipped in about $95.00, I purchased XenForo myself.

Contest

Onyx user!
Ross said:
I'm sorry to sound 'disrespectful' in any form of context; but I highly doubt you purchased both an IP.Board and XenForo license... due to the fact at bare minimum the costing would be around 300.00 USD (non-hosted). In my opinion you're trying to 'show off' or you're just highly idiotic, or both. Why would you purchase a license for IP.Board and XenForo, when you can only use one-of-the-two? Extremely pointless in my opinion.

If I had to recommend any forum software of choice, it would most-likely be IP.Board. Due to the fact I have dealt with the software for a number of years now and it has rarely failed to impress. Although, I have a word of warning; IP.Board being the most common forum software of choice, can be somewhat dangerous e.g security will be a lot more 'exploitable'. For example, take Microsoft. Windows is the most common operating system in the world, and around 90% of the PC population use Windows as an operating system (I wouldn't quote me on that). Meaning if I was a person who wanted to place a PC virus in a piece of software, I would place the "virus" in a piece of software which was compatible with Windows and not another operating system such as OS X (hence why Macintosh computers are a lot less prone to the common PC virus).

And finally, I always suggest investing in a custom skin when choosing IP.Board as your forum software as choice. It's the "cherry on the icing" which will make your forum somewhat more unique that say an IP.Board forum which has implemented a skin which has already been created and is open to the public for a small fee.

Don't have to call people Low Quality.
Also, you can pay for IPB monthly.

OT, I'd use XenForo or IPB. Since you already paid for them.

Zoo

Out of the popular forum software, I would have to recommend MyBB, or PHP-Nuke. They are both very adaptable, and easy to use. Only downside is that Php-Nuke uses PhpBB, not MyBB. Otherwise, it's very good.

http://phpnuke.org/

Zoo

If you want, I could install it on my site and let you play around with it, as I don't use the domain anymore.